Thursday, July 16, 2009

~~Quick Update

I know it is after midnight, but I wanted to do a quick update for those of you who follow my blog :) It has been an up and down week. On Monday I met with my Diet & Exercise Specialist, her name is Dawn and I REALLY like her. She is super sweet and so easy to work with. Because of a miscommunication at the front desk I only got 1/2 hour with her instead of my whole hour so I get the second half today at 11:30am, right before my therapy appt. She explained to me that when I am having trouble eating to just take a bit of something, anything to tell my body that it is getting food. That way I body does not see me as starving it and start storing fat instead of losing it. The best things are peanut butter on a piece of bread or celery, cheese on a tortilla, even a protein shake that I keep in the fridge that I can take a couple of sips from. I am now down to 216. I started at 234 on May 21st. That's 18 pounds!!! Today, we are going to talk about the food pyramid and exercise I can do. I am really excited to finally meet my therapist. I have so much I want to talk about and only an hour to do it in. My friend Kate is taking me because she has some work to do almost next door for her accounting business. Afterwards, we need to go to Walmart for a few things and then I am going to her house to help her with some accounting stuff. A little bit of money for Vegas next week. Ooh, I forgot to mention that we are going to Las Vegas next week with our friend Kate and her husband Jeff. We are staying with them at their timeshare. They are taking their youngest girl, Annelise, so I am going to help watch her while she attends her accounting conference. I love watching her! She can be a handful for most people, but her and I get along great. She calls me "Mom" too and Kate has no problem with it. She actually told me that she feels very happy that her daughter trust someone else enough to call them mom too. Kate is very secure about it, unlike my ex husband who would not let any other man be called "Dad" by his boys, even after I remarried, but we won't go there. Well, I think I am actually going to head to bed. Tonight I am really tired. I will try to get on here a little more often then once a week. I hate going that long without posting something. I will definitely post before I leave for Vegas. Post soon, Love, Julie.

No comments:

Post a Comment