Friday, September 24, 2010

A Few Layouts










I wanted to get a couple new layouts on my blog today. I finished these in the last couple weeks and realized I didn't have them up. Shame on me! These are layouts I did for a crop over on Simply Obsessed. I love it there because they usually have a crop a month with great prizes. They sure get me motivated to get some pictures scrapped. I have so many, a few hundred, pictures I want to get done, plus all the new ones that are being taken. Someday, maybe I will catch up.
Not much has happened since the last time I blogged. My husband has been real busy with making furniture. I need to post some pics of his stuff, it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! He has made me a coffee table, a TV cabinet, and for his lizard, a new stand. Right now he is working on a cutting board thing. I'm not sure about it. He uses exotic woods and really pretty hard woods to make his stuff. Mostly it is purple heart, orange perduke, and black walnut. I never knew that wood could be so beautiful. I want him to make me a spice cabinet like they have in Chinese stores. The ones that have like 50 or more drawers in them. I love them and think it would be great storage for all my embellishments and stuff. The drawers are usually only about 6"x6"x 8". Some of the cabinets I have seen are so ornate with a lot of Chinese design on them. I'm not sure how soon this will happen, but I'm hoping not too long. I told him I would like it for Christmas. :)
Thw weather here is finally cooling down. The past week has been so nice. I don't think we even got out of the 70's. It really feels like Fall now and I have been kinda wanting to get out the Halloween decorations. Last year I didn't get to put a whole lot out because that was when I was dealing with my hands not working and it was so painful to move my fingers. This year though, I am ready to turn my home into a crypt. I think I have more Halloween decorations then Christmas ones. It is my husbands favorite holiday too. Well, I am falling asleep while I am typing so it is time to head to bed so off I go, type later.

1 comment:

  1. Julie, I love the one with you all ready for the first day of school. What a cute idea. Love mom

    ReplyDelete