Sunday, October 17, 2010

Didn't make it


Well, I didn't make it on the design team for Scrapbookers Anonymous, but that is ok. I had so much fun doing the sketch for it. I have to admit though that every time I try out for a design team I am getting some more photos scrapped whether I make it on the team or not. :) But I did want to go ahead and at least post the layout I did do.

It is of my friend Morgan and her baby girl Zoe. I actually scrap Zoe a lot because she is so photogenic. In these pictures Morgan decided to climb into Zoe's crib. When she brought me these photos i couldn't stop laughing. They are just too cute. At the time Zoe is about 10 months, now she is 2 yrs old. I did two new techniques on this layout too. The pinwheels and the zipper flowers. I have done pinwheels before but the ones where you flip the paper over and secure it down, and I have to say that when you are doing very small ones it can be a pain in the butt to secure them. I saw these new ones it another layout and thought that they would be perfect and so much easier! They are so simple to make, you cut out 2 squares, one smaller then the other (I used square punches to make mine), then on the back side you draw lines diagonally and into quarters. Now you cut the lines down to within 1/8th inch of the center. Then cut out every other one. Now glue the smaller one on top of the bigger one and embellish as you please. Very easy. Now the zipper flower is a lot harder and you can find tutorials all over the internet for them.
I'm now going to get back to scrapping. I need to start working on next weeks sketch for NAS. I hope you all have had a great weekend! Type later.

No comments:

Post a Comment