Monday, January 17, 2011

DT Monday Layout



Good Morning (Afternoon, Evening) everyone. I hope that you all had a great weekend and if you have today off I hope you get to do some scrapping. That's what I have planned for today after I do some very much needed vacuuming. Here is my DT layout for the sketch this week. It took me quite awhile to find what pictures I wanted to do. Then it took another hour to find the paper. I am definitely not a fast scrapper. I do go a little faster when I make cards though. Here are the ingredients I used to make this page:

Cardstock: Bazzill
Pattern paper, Chipboard, Alphabet: Basic Grey-Origins
Cricut cart: Create a Critter cut at 4"
Ribbon: Offray
Flowers: Prima
Buttons: Making Memories
Ink: Cats Eye Chalk-Dark Brown
Adhesive: ATG, Zig 2 way glue, Pop Dots

I need to get a new camera. When ever I take a picture of my weekly layouts, they always look curved and in actuality they aren't. I hate that.

Well, today is going to be a fun day. After I get my vacuuming done, I am going to take some pictures of my scraproom as the before and start getting some things moved around. When you see in upcoming pics I am tucked back in a corner and can't move around very well in my chair. My wonderful DH finally was able to find wheels that would fit my chair I purchased at a thrift store that did not have any wheels on it. For about 6 months now it has been sitting on pieces of wood so that I could sit in it. Then a week ago he came home with 5 wheels in his hands. I was so happy! They fit perfectly and I am so thrilled now that I can actually move around in it, but the problem now is when ever I turn to get to the cabinets behind me the chair hits stuff. So when I did the new layout plan for my room I made sure I had plenty of room to move. :)

The other great news I had this past weekend was my DH has been working for himself in a cabinet shop close to our home. We are real good friends with the owner and one day my DH asked if he could use the equipment in the shop to make a drawer that he had been planning to hold all our DVDs. Since then he has been making lots of things. Well, I was in there the other day and I noticed a 50 gallon trash can with some wood in it that I wanted to use for shelving so I asked my DH if he thought I could have it. He told me to ask Curt (the owner). I did and I was told that I could have any trash wood that I wanted! The pieces aren't too big but some are and they are perfect for making shelves and even maybe a desk organizer, or even a wall holder for all my ribbon! I was so excited, so I grabbed a whole bunch for now. I can go back when ever my DH is there and grab some more. If I do by chance need a piece of wood that is a little bigger then trash, I can just pay for it. My mind is turning now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment