

Today I decided to make a card for a scrapbook site that was having a contest. I had to use black, burgundy, yellow, and white to create either a layout or a card. I thought about it and decided that it would probably be easier for me to make a card. It took me about 3 hrs to make it and to me that is a long time to make a single card. I always take a long time when scrapping because I look through all my options. I pull lots of things out and decide how that looks then put them back and try something else. This can go on for about an hour in itself. I need to learn how to chose materials faster. I did learn from someone that the way she would do it was only give herself so many minutes to chose say what cardstock she was going to use. I did try once to only give myself only 5 minutes to chose the pattern paper I wanted to use and it ended up being 30 minutes which isn't too long, but when it was 30 minutes for that then 30 minutes for the next thing it adds up and the next thing I know I have spent 6 hours on a layout and I'm not even finished! The one thing that helps me the most with getting layouts out faster are sketches. They are my time savers. That is the number one thing I love the most about being on Nuts About Sketches Design Team. The sketch is there for me! Once I do have all the paper, pictures, and embellishments then it is usually 2-3 hrs for me to finish, but that is for a single page.
Well, I am going to work on some jewelry now as I found a great necklace that I want to make. Type later.
This is SO pretty! Amazing colors!
ReplyDelete- April