
Since I am on the Design Team at Nuts About Sketches, I want to start posting the weekly sketch along with my layout based on it. Here they are.
I figured it is a good time for an update :) To explain my post title, I had my birthday over this past weekend and I turned the BIG 4-0. When I was talking to my mom Saturday night, when she called to sing me the yearly traditional "Happy Birthday", I explained to her that turning 40 was not that bad. It was just the next number in line to me. I do however feel that I no longer have to compete with the younger generation. I don't care if I go out without makeup or whether or not my toe nails are polished. That doesn't mean I am going to let myself "go". I still have standards, it's just I am in a whole different age group now and it is a lot more relaxing. Those of you who have past this monumental birthday know exactly what I mean, and those of you who haven't will understand when you get there. Just please think when your birthday comes around with that number that proves you are getting older that it is just the "next number in line".
Another thing that has happened this past week is my son Ben got a job at our local Taco Bell. I am so proud of him. It has actually been a dream for him since he was 12 to get a job there. He loves their food. His fav is the double decker tacos. He will start his first day some time this week. He can't work more then 20 hours because he is still in school, but he already has plenty of plans on how he is going to spend his earnings. Clothes are at the top of his list, then getting a new video game system next. He is a hard worker and loves to please people so I know he will do great there.
Well, I am going to get back to scrapping. I want to get started on next weeks sketch. Sorry, you won't get to see it until Shawn posts it on the site. :) Have a great day!
Well, I am going to get back to scrapping. I want to get started on next weeks sketch. Sorry, you won't get to see it until Shawn posts it on the site. :) Have a great day!
Hi Julie. I'm on the NAS DT too. I just love this layout. that crate paper is some of my fav. congrats to your son. I remember my first job. so exciting. I celebrated my 40th this year too. One of the best birthdays yet. =) i don't feel any different at all, but I know what you mean. I'm exactly where I should be and it sounds like you are too.
ReplyDeleteWell, enough rambling.
I can't wait to see more of your work.
take care.
Theresa